Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chicken Pockets

This is an oldie but a goodie. I know a lot of people do different things with this... like make gravy for a topping. I just don't think it is needed. I like the crisp buttery taste. Here is my twist on these. Here is what you'll need...sorry for the lighting quality!
1 pkg of puff pastry (works so much better than crescent roll dough)
1 package of chicken tenders
1 small container of onion and chive cream cheese
onion
melted butter and Parmesan cheese (not pictured)
makes 8 pockets


Chop up your chicken and grill it up in a pan. I put a few dashes of garlic salt with it and added some chopped onion. While is it cooking chop it up into smaller pieces with your spatula.
Mix all the cooked chicken together with all the cream cheese.
Lay out your pastry dough (make sure it is thawed) on a greased cookie sheet. I divided each dough piece into fours.
Place a glob of the chicken mixture in the center of each pastry square.


close them up into a shape of your choice... I liked the way the circular wantonish ones turned out better than the rectangular ones. I brushed some melted butter on top of each of these then sprinkled them with some Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the dough is flaky and golden.



I serve these with a yummy fresh green salad and some potatoes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have tried to make this every which way I can think of, but my husband and kids have begged me to never make it again! I love chicken bundles though, it's a shame they don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad! I wonder what they dont like about it.

    ReplyDelete