Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas


These are easy and yummy. We devoured them before I had a chance to take a picture of them all pretty. I wish I would have taken pictures of it as I was making them. It would probably make more sense. I am entrusting that you can visualize it.


Chicken Enchiladas

1 package of white corn tortillas

1 large can of red enchilada sauce, I prefer Hatch brand mild

1 medium block of colby jack cheese

4 (or so) chicken breast

garlic salt

chili powder


Cut up your chicken into bite sized pieces and grill in a pan. Season with a few dashes of garlic salt and chili powder (you could also saute some onions in now if you like).pour some enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 11x13 inch pan. Just enough to cover the bottom a little so things don't stick to the pan. Add a layer of tortillas to cover the pan. I used 6 per layer 4 whole in the center and four halves on the end (just make an even layer). Add a layer of chicken and a layer of grated cheese (be generous). Add another layer of tortillas slop on some more sauce add more chicken (use the rest of the chicken now) and cheese. Top it off with a layer of tortillas and some sauce (you should be using the last of the sauce from the can now) and cheese. Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. (check it till the cheese is bubbly)

No comments:

Post a Comment