Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lasagna

This is dang good lasagna! I know that Darla doesn't like lasagna. I think it is because she has never had any good lasagna (Darla there are only 3 layers of noodles in this). What is my secret? Use sausage not hamburger! Here is what you'll need...
  • Lasagna noodles
  • 4 cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of tomato paste (small can)
  • garlic salt (you could also use real garlic)
  • onion (I used dried kind this time)
  • cottage cheese
  • Italian sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
  • dried Parmesan cheese
  • mozzarella cheese (I used two small shredded bags)
  • 1 egg
Get your noodles boiling (don't over cook them) and your sausage browned.

Drain the grease from the sausage and add the tomato sauce, paste, onion and garlic salt (to your liking, I like a lot). Stir this up and put a lid on it to simmer for a while.


OK so I hate ricotta cheese... So I do this instead. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and one egg. Mix this up together really good.

Put a little of your sauce in the bottom of the pan so that the noodles wont stick to it.


Add a layer of noodles (3 across). Top noodles with sauce and cheese mixture. This is how I do mine then I spread it together (see the top noodle).

Top with some cheese. Then repeat all this one more time (you should use almost all sauce, all cheese mixture, and almost all cheese).


This is your top layer. I sprinkle on what left of the mozzarella (which wont be much) and some Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes till bubbly and cooked warm through. You can make this the day before and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.

I love to serve my lasagna with corn and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment