Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Swiss Steak

This is great to have for dinner on a cold day. I use my crock pot to simmer everything to perfection. I know it sounds not too appetizing from the ingredients, but trust me this is good stuff. Something about the meat simmering all day in the tomato sauce with the bell pepper, prefect combination. Here's what you'll need...
round steak (or some other cheap cut of beef), I got a 6 pack stuff shrinks when it cooks up!
1 green bell pepper
4 cans of tomato sauce
garlic salt
6 medium potatoes
(this will feed 4 adults)

Get your meat out and tenderize it. I just gently slice it diagonal both ways on each side.

Pour all cans of tomato sauce into crock pot. Add the meat, sprinkle with garlic salt to your liking (I use about 4 or 5 shakes). Top off with sliced bell pepper. Put the lid on and cook for at least 6-8 hours (or on low all day). I let it cook up for a few hours then I stir it up a bit.

About an hour before you are ready to serve start your mashed potato's. I like to add milk and butter to mine till it is nice and fluffy.



I serve the meat and sauce over the potatoes.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment